
Unlike the Memphis Redbirds internship that provided housing to the interns, the Great Lakes Loons did not. They generally only hire locally, so I was left to find my own housing. I'm actually the first out-of-state intern they've ever brought in, a fact soon to appear on my updated resume.
So when out apartment shopping with mom, this pre-furnished house topped them all.
The house is divided into four separated living quarters that each have a full-bath, bedroom, kitchen and living room. Two people live upstairs and two live downstairs. I live downstairs and my entrance is here at 701.

All I brought up was a recliner (pictured), desk, table and air mattress, so any apartment would have been pretty barren. And I have to believe that having a real bed adds years to your life.
So this is the view of the living room, immediately to the right when you walk in the front door. Through the square decorative space (notice the Monavie) is the kitchen.
Joseph Conrad's 'Heart of Darkness' patiently waits to be read beside my trusty Webster's NWD. I'm at part II of III and may have waited too long and need to start over. We'll see.
The following is a view back into the living room, showing you the other side. It's as if I'm sitting at the kitchen table, see my recliner?

To the right of the couch is my bedroom doorway and the bathroom is back there too. No photos though because I had to throw everything into those rooms in order to have a clean looking living room. Camera tricks.

Here is the kitchen, furnished with everything: plates, silverware, toaster, microwave, window.

Above is my book/entertainment shelf, unfortunately I haven't accomplished any real reading since I've been here. My supervisor gave me the TV to use and so I do, more often than I should. And now with the baseball season underway, it's hard for me not to "do my research" by watching every at-bat I can. Go Cards!
Here is a more informative photo of the house. One that you can use for reference when you come to visit Midland.

Hope you enjoyed the tour.
4 comments:
Looks like very nice housing, wassel! hope you are enjoying your new place and new job. I'm impressed with your reading selection for the summer.
Great looking house from outside. Living room and kitchen look great too. I am sure the bedroom is better than you described. SMILE Glad you are doing well, and we enjoy keeping up with you thru this site.
Love,
Chip and Diane
Place looks good! Maybe they can see the bedroom and bathroom after this weekend! Love the MonaVie bottles! Drink up! Everybody needs to be drinking the juice! Best health drink out there! Ask Alex and me about it. Pennies in a plastic bag and water...I've heard of that for flys...not ants. I'm bringing another alternative! :) Love you, Mom
Anonymous: A Great Looking place, I like the outside as well as the inside. It is good to read all about you while you are in Midland "The Best Place to live" so I have heard.
Your Mom is traveling today..say a Prayer for her safe arrival; and return trip Home.
The two of us went to KY yesterday to purchase tomato we came home with 50 pounds, not all for us. 20 pounds will fix our Israeli meal at church tomorrow night- the group of 5 have invited the entire church family to a free meal Israel style; with a viewing of some of the many pictures.
Keeping you in our Prayers, Love You, GMom
Post a Comment